Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hillcrest loses a legend



On March 2, 2012, Mr. Dennis Logan was called home.  Mr. Logan has a longstanding history of visionary leadership in the community.  He was one of the founders of the Hillcrest Community Civic Association, and the neighborhood watch.

I never realized how emotionally connected I was to this community until I learned of Mr. Logan's passing.  Mr. Logan is the reason why I got involved in the community.  It had really felt accepted since I was a "newcomer", but the first time I met him he stated that he loved seeing young people at the meetings.  Then every meeting after I looked forward to his "Hey, darling" or "There's my girl" in his raspy voice.

Wake & Funeral Information:

March 6, 2012
St Frances of Xavier Church
2800 Pennsylvania Avenue Southeast
Wake: 10 a.m.
Service: 11 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment