Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Celebrate Black History Month

Today is the first day of Black History Month.  I remember back in the day when we had to write book reports/essays on a famous black person.  My classmates (I went to diverse school) always profile Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks or someone from modern day like Michael Jordan.  Ms V was raised by slightly militant/activist parents (which is a post for another day), so my reports were on Patrice Lamumba, Ralph J. Bunche, Angela Davis, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (better known as Malcolm X, but I believe in giving deference by calling him by his name), and Marcus Garvey to name a few.  But I digress...

Ms V has highlighted some exhibits and events


East of the River

Other parts of the CIty

This is just a snapshot.  Ms V urges everyone to take a young person in your neighborhood to one (if not all) of these events/exhibits.

No comments:

Post a Comment