Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Little neighborhood, Big Things!!!!

I've been bursting at the seams for the last week trying to hold in the surprise.  But now that DDOT has issued a press release, I can share the great news.  US Secretary Ray LaHood will be walking with our children tomorrow.  For full press release check out the transportation committee blog.

The meeting point is at Fort Davis and V St, which means Village 4 will be in the background of the photos.  I'm glad we just got the building painting and the scaffolding for the chimney repair came down.

Anne Beers has done a great job of sending flyers home with the kids and robocalls to the parents.  WABA and DDOT placed flyers along the route.  My neighbor and I reminded some of the kids on their walk to school this morning.  Please send up prayers and positive vibes that we have a great turn-out.

(I know who won't sleep tonight..... "Wednesday's child is full of woe")

No comments:

Post a Comment