Thursday, August 18, 2011

Anacostia River.... And Beauty is her name

Tonight the Anacostia Watershed Society and the Sierra Club hosted Ward 7 residents on a evening boat tour of the Anacostia River.  I owe her an apology.  I called her ugly and disgusting.   I told her she would never amount to another other than a mud muck.

But tonight.... I saw her inner beauty.  I saw the way the sun kissed her as he said goodbye for the night.  I saw egrets (birds) and herons (another kind of bird) gently glide across her surface.  What a beautiful river.

Here are some of my photos from the trip.  For additional photos, visit the Hillcrest Facebook page.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - you know the Anacostia Community Museum is planning an exhibition about the Anacostia and urban waterways, right? I think the round-tables are done, but surely we could find other ways to interact with folks before everything is done and opened.