Thursday, July 28, 2011

Commuting just got easier

Ms V is happier than a pig in slop!!!! The Fairfax Village bikeshare station arrived yesterday!!!  Ms V and a fellow Fairfax Village neighbor took the bikes for a spin yesterday.  Today I made my first official commute from Fairfax Village to my office on MLK Jr Ave.

To drive from Fairfax Village to my office is 10 minutes under normal traffic conditions then another 5 minutes to find parking.  In rush hour the trip can take up to 25 minutes.

By bus during non-rush hour it takes two buses and anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour, depending on the wait time between buses.  During rush hour I can take the V5 which is still 20-30 minutes.

Well...... this morning I out-biked the M6 and the 39.  I caught up and passed the 36.  The total bike trip took me 14 minutes and 3 seconds.  I could've shaved off more time if the DDOT crossing guard didn't make me wait at one of the intersections.

Before you ask, no I will not be biking up hill.  BUT the great thing about bikeshare is now I have more bus options.  The V5 is the only bus that gets me home.  Now I can take the 92 to the top of the hill, grab a bike at Good Hope Marketplace, and bike the rest of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment