*Steps out of committee role and into activist role* The committee and our commissioner, Robert Jordan (ANC 7B06) have spoken on your behalf. Now its your turn.
Community, please email DDOT email@example.com to let them know you want a BikeShare station near Fairfax Village, preferably the triangle park at 38th Street, Alabama Ave and Pennsylvania Ave. Please CC: Robert (7B06@anc.dc.gov) and I (firstname.lastname@example.org) on the email.
If you need some talking points see bullets below:
- State if you are a member. If you haven't activated your membership, tell DDOT why you haven't.
- If you aren't a member, state you will commit to joining if we get a station.
- Fairfax Village is a working class and middle income neighborhood with bike enthusiasts of all ages
- Many residents of Fairfax Village do not have own a motor vehicle and we do not have a metro station
- A bike station in Fairfax Village would connect us to Good Hope Marketplace, Penn-Branch, Fort Dupont Park, Benning Library, Minnesota-Pennsylvania Ave (YES and Thai Orchid)
- PSA 606 is a low crime area