Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MLK Day of Service - Pope Branch Clean-up

Over 200 volunteers came out of the Pope Branch Clean-up as part of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service. We collected several bags of trash, in addition to large items such as TVs, bikes, propane tanks, mattresses, and tables. Several organizations were there to support the clean-up: Pope Branch Alliance, Anacostia Waterfront Initiative, Groundworks Anacostia, Sierra Club, Youth Build, Conservation Corps, DC Water, DPW, and USAID. Those are the ones I remember off my head.
Volunteers braving the cold


Ms. Dolly Davis (Twining) and Me

Volunteers getting their instructions for the day

Mr. Irv Sheffey (Hillcrest) from the Sierra Club

More volunteers

Trash collected by my team

More trash collected by my team

Trash collected by Team 1

Trash Collected by Team 1

Mr. Barry Carey from DPW (nice to put a face to someone I always bother)

Ms. Trish Chittams (Twining) and me

DPW picking up all the trash we collected

No comments:

Post a Comment