Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Fitness Schedule at Hillcrest Recreation Center

Is it just me or is this year flying by? Pretty soon it will be a new year and time to make the same resolution to get "fit". Why wait until January 1st? Start now. We have a new organic grocery store to give you healthy fuel for your body. It is almost important to get your body moving.

Now we have a lot of people who talk about fitness, but Miss V walks the walks. I worked as a certified personal trainer for over a year (I quit to focus on my business) and I am a figure competitor (similar to bodybuilding, but more graceful). Despite being a ripe 31 (yes, I know some of you have underwear older than me), I'm often mistaken for early 20s. My dad is 63 years old and it usually confused for mid-40s. One could say we have good genes, but I have to point out that my dad runs 4 miles 3 to 4 times a week. It's just a fact that healthy people look younger.

Below is the Fall health and fitness schedule for the Hillcrest Recreation Center. A couple of my neighbors and I are going to commit to attending the pilates and yoga classes.

Pilates: Start slow and build up speed as you move towards gaining flexibility and muscular strength through upbeat movement and exercises.
Mondays 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Adults and Seniors

Yoga: Experience how yoga can relax your mind and enhance your concentration.
Tuesdays 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Adults and Seniors

Belly Dancing: Gain flexibility, balance, muscular strength, and relaxation through movement and breathing exercises.
Wednesdays 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Adults and Seniors

Tai Chi: Tai chi is a system of movements and positions believed to have developed in 12th Century China. Tai chi techniques aim to address the body and mind as an interconnected system and are traditionally believed to have mental and physical health benefits to improve posture, balance, flexibility, and strength.
Thursdays 7:00 – 8:00pm
Adults and Seniors

Taekwondo: Children are introduced to the quick and powerful taekwondo techniques as used in real life fighting situations. They also learn self-defense techniques and powerful hand and foot skills, develop physical fitness, discipline, self-control, and respect for others all while having fun.
Monday & Wednesday 5:00 – 6:00
Children ages 4-15
*Inquire w/ Instructor (Safety equipment is required for participation.)

Walking Healthy: Start slow and build up speed as you move towards a progressive walking for fitness program. Includes indoor and outdoor walks.
Monday - Friday 10:00am – 12:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment