Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday Stew: What's Cooking

Street Repair - Part I - The street repairs on the 3800 Block of W street are COMPLETE!!! Miss and her neighbors are happier than pigs in slop. No more off-roading down the block.
Fairfax Village Shopping Center -
DPW removed the litter this weekend. For the first time in a loooooooooooooooong while, the litter was raked from out of the hedges. Given the amount of litter we pay to have removed from my condo associations property, I know this won't last long. Even though the hedges are still there and there still are no "No Loitering" signs, Miss V is going to take it off the Open item list for this week while we relish in this victory albeit temporary. I also wanted to know what I feels like to see the Fairfax Village Shopping Center in the Closed Item section.... Feels good.

Special thanks to all the people that made this happen. (Photos courtesy of my neighbor)

Street Repair - Part II - The pavement on Fort Davis St was marked and cut when DDOT was working on the 3800 Block of W Street. There has been no action since. Miss V isn't sweating it too much, since the worse part was addressed (Note to readers: the 2000 Block of Fort Davis and 3800 Block of W Street are contiguous). However, we are still waiting for the rest of the repairs.

Public-Private Partnership Possible - I don't even feel like talking about it. I wish the Community Association had some visionary leaders.

Vacant Lot on 38th - Still vacant and still a hot mess.

Zip Cars - Still waiting...

As a side note: I use the word "still" and "waiting" a lot...

No comments:

Post a Comment