Monday, September 20, 2010

SOS = Save our Substation: Hearing this week

As a reminder, Councilmember Mendelson Chair of the Committee for Public Safety and Judiciary will be hosting a public hearing on the MPD-6D Substation. The info for the hearing is below:
Thursday, September 23, 2010
4:00 PM, Hearing Room 412, Wilson Building
1350 Pennsylvania Ave NW

For those of you that haven't been to the Wilson Building before, you can take the Orange line to Federal Triangle. Get out at the 12th Street exit and walk 1/2 block toward White House along Penn Ave SE.

For those of you that can't make the hearing, you should be able to watch it live on Channel 13 or online at: http://dccouncil.us/watchhearinglive. I strongly encourage everyone to submit written testimony to the Committee, even if it's just one sentence that says "I support XYZ position". You can email it to Ms. Deborah Kelly at dkelly@dccouncil.us until 5pm on October 7, 2010.

The interesting thing about this issue is that it seems everyone is on a different page. At the ANC 7B meeting, CM Alexander mentioned the City is working to relocate the Substation to Penn-Branch Shopping Center. During the Primary Election on Tuesday I bumped into Mendelson at my precinct (P110) and he stated that he wants to keep the Substation at its current location. In talking with some of the Presidents of Civic Associations some are okay with Penn-Branch Shopping Center, while others are fighting to keep it at the current location. The hearing should be interesting to say the least. Miss V will definitely be there and I will definitely be testifying. I promise to share my testimony with you prior to the meeting.

If anyone else wants to share their testimony with my blog readers, please email me at vod2@cornell.edu. Make sure to let me know if you want to be identified by your real name or an alias.

No comments:

Post a Comment