Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday Stew: What's Cooking

Zip Cars - Fairfax Village IV submitted an application to have a Zip Car or two in our lot. We are waiting for Zip Car to conduct a site visit. We have several residents who do not have a personal vehicle. In addition, the Zip Car adds to the marketability of our neighborhood. Some Fairfax Village IV homeowners are considered about the impact to the parking, but we are including the zip car in our comprehensive parking plan which will be revealed in September. The Zip Cars would be available to all residents in all villages of Fairfax Village.

Fairfax Village Shopping Center - Heavy sigh. Councilmember K. Brown's office called me to follow up the meeting we had last week. They are processing the information and reaching out to the owners of the property. On a positive note, don't forget to send me the list of things you are interested in purchasing from the new convenience store.

Street Repair - The pavement on my block is getting worse by the day. I feel like my car is going to be swallowed by the street. My neighbor is almost done collecting signatures for the petition for speed humps.

Public-Private Partnership Possible - Tonight the Community Association Board (+1 AKA me) will be meeting with the public agency this evening to discuss a potential partnership. I am hopeful that everyone will have the vision and leadership for this to move forward.

Vacant Lot on 38th - A few Fairfax Village guerillas are working on a plan for that property. Stay tuned

3970 Pennsylvania Ave SE -
I hesitate to put this on the "CLOSED" items list. It appears that things have calmed down in that building and the owner made some improvements to the building. Let's hope it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment