Thursday, July 29, 2010

Oh No to Wings to Go

Well lookie here. Wings to Go opened in the Fairfax Village Shopping Center about two weeks ago. It's in the location of the old Seafood Market. Miss V hasn't hoboed the 1 minute walk to check them out yet. Mainly because that shopping center is the bane of my existence (overly dramatic, I know). I did drive by one night and noticed that there is NO plexiglass between the customers and the staff.

Anywho, I come home today to this letter from the Office of Zoning. Apparently, the owner of Wings to Go thought he could operate under the previous tenant's zoning conditions. That isn't the case and not he must go before the zoning board. He has been issued a temporary occupancy permit to operate until the hearing. Assuming nothing catastrophic happens between now and October, I can't imagine them not getting the special exception.

If you didn't receive the letter or haven't been home yet to read it, consider yourself informed.

1 comment:

  1. I got the same letter and was trying to figure our what happened. DC really needs to get it together...I mean really how can somone just open up shop without the proper approvals?

    ReplyDelete