Thursday, July 15, 2010

Last call for speeding

Get in your speeding while it last, because Fairfax Village is getting speed humps. These street markings showed up on Monday. There will be two on the 2000 block of Fort Davis St SE and two on the 3800 block of W Street SE (which is contiguous to Fort Davis St SE). I think the general sentiment around the Village is excitement. We get a lot of cut through traffic that fly down the street.

There are a few neighbors that are grumbling about them. The interesting thing about the grumblers are 1) they don't drive and 2) they're never outside. I think some people just don't want change. Although, I have heard from other parts of Hillcrest that have speed bumps there are mixed reviews from the neighbors.

Miss V has to give credit where credit is due. These speed bumps are a result of dedicated citizens that have been making noise over the last few years about the speeding issues. I'm looking forward to the full implementation.

6 comments:

  1. I wish they would have gone all around that block on both the 38th St and V St, too! I'm very excited about the speed bumps! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    I can't speak for 38th, but I'm guessing they didn't do V St b/c they figure if you put them on Ft. Davis and W is naturally prevents cut-thru on V. Either than or no one on V St made enough noise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are they going to repave the street before placing the speed humps? I think that only makes logical sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are not on the repaving list, but we are on the repair list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. are we talking speed bumps or speed humps?

    ReplyDelete