The photo is our little map, which is obviously very focused on the Fairfax Village neighborhood. We did look at other parts of the study area, but we figured we'd lay all our issues on the table regardless if they were related or not. We were going to make sure we were heard.
The big issues we identified are:
- Speeding on Fort Davis St, V St, W St in Fairfax Village
- Speeding on Alabama Ave and Pennsylvania Ave
- Intersection of Fort Davis St and Pennsylvania Ave - pedestrian crossing (definitely a game of chicken trying to cross) and signage
- Lighting needs to be improved on Fort Davis St, V St, W St in Fairfax Village - We have a lot of mature trees that have grown into the cobra head street lights, which reduce their effectiveness
- Intersection at the alley to Fairfax Village IV's parking lot and Pennsylvania Ave - we have a lot of accidents there
- There is a need for bus shelters on 38th Street and the intersection of Fort Davis and Pennsylvania Ave SE
- The bus shelter on the triangle at 38th, Pennsylvania and Alabama needs to be improved and maintained - there is always trash and graffiti
- Fort Davis, W and all the public alleys in Fairfax Village need to be paved
- M2 should run more frequently since Naylor Road is the closest metro station to us - right now it only runs during the weekday rush hour.