Monday, May 10, 2010

WAKE UP: Groundwork for the Revolution

People have asked me for my opinion of the Mayoral candidates, because I live East of the River, I'm a blogger, and my feelings for Slick Willy Fenty are well-known. Without going into an analysis of the candidates, here is my opinion... **dramatic pause**. It doesn't matter. **gasp**. Yes I said it. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who wins the Mayoral election. Vince Gray, Slick Willy Fenty, Leo Alexander.... doesn't matter.

In my short little revolutionary life I've come to realize that the elected leadership doesn't matter, because the elected leaders cannot save us. There is too much poverty pimping and politicking for the leaders to save us. Sorry... ain't happening.

The people are angry, which makes Wards 7 and 8 ripe for a revolution and real change. However, we need to WAKE UP. We need to understand that we have the power, the knowledge, the resources, and the expertise within our community to rebuild our community with or without the assistance of the elected leaders.

In the words of Che Guevara, "Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves".

1 comment:

  1. Or to quote the late Dr. Calvin W. Rolark of Ward 8:

    "THERE IS NO ONE TO SAVE US, FROM US, BUT US.
    IF IT IS TO BE, THEN IT IS UP TO ME"

    ReplyDelete