Councilmember-at Large Phil Mendelson, Chairman of the Committee on Public Safety and Judiciary, is hosting a Public Safety Community Meeting on June 1st at the Covenant Baptist Church (3845 S. Capitol Street SW... although if you are using google maps its SE) from 6:30 to 8:30 pm.
We need to have a presence. We need to ask questions, articulate problems, and most important BRING SOLUTIONS.
In recent months some important pieces of legislation have floated through this committee. In addition, last year the "Blueprint for Action" was released. Soldiers, we must read up and prepare ourselves. If there is anything you don't understand in these documents, write down your questions and bring them to the meeting.
- Responding to the Gang, Crew, and Youth Violence in the District of Columbia: A Blueprint for Action (Issued by Councilmember Graham (Ward 1)
- A Blueprint for Action Summary (by Miss V)
- B18-549 Community Impact Statement Amendment Act of 2009
- B18-0556 Liquid PCP Possession Amendment Act of 2009
- B18-0595 Neighborhood and Victim Rights Amendment Act of 2009