Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Houston... we have a problem...

I just had an OMG moment. I'm walking my dogs and talking to my neighbors. Instead of saying "hi, neighbor" like normal, I said "don't forget to fill out your Census". I am SHOCKED at the number of my neighbors who are skeptical of the Census. One woman told me that the Census was a government conspiracy. **raises brow**. I talked with her for about 20 minutes and by the end of the conversation she said... "This is important."

Another neighbor quizzed me as to why he should fill it out. I told him I could give him a million reasons in dollars. He gave me a look of surprise. He had no idea of the funding decisions that are based on population.

People... people... people.... PLEASE encourage your neighbors to fill out the Census.

1 comment:

  1. I heard the same crazy reasons to NOT fill it out. My people amaze me
    The Debutante