Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Speak Up....

Since I'm self-employed my schedule for the day is whatever I want it to be. This has allowed me more flexibility to be able to speak at DC Council Committee hearings that are usually during the day when 95% of the DC residents are working (I'm being facetious).

On Monday (2/8/2010) I will be providing testimony as a public witness at the Councilmember Mendelson's Committee on Public Safety and the Judiciary public hearing on the following proposed bills:

The hyperlinks above will take you to the proposed Bills. I fully support BOTH proposed Bills, with some minor recommendations to Bill-549. Once I draft my testimony, I will share it with you. Hope to have something for your critque by Friday.

If you want to testify, contact Ms. Lisa Abrams, Legislative Counsel or Ms. Deborah Kelly, Legislative Clerk, at (202) 724-7808, by fax at (202) 724-6664, or via e-mail at Dkelly@dccouncil.us, and provide your name, address, telephone number, organizational affiliation and title (if any) by close of business, February 4, 2010.

If you are unable to attend you have some options
  1. Submit written testimony by February 22, 2010 at 5:00 PM. Your testimony WILL be included in the official record
  2. Submit your comments/question in the comment section of my blog or email me at vod2@cornell.edu, I am more than willing to add them to my testimony.

Speak up... let me know your thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment