Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Home Base

Remember back in the day when you actually had time to play (being an adult is overrated)??? Be it tag, manhunt, or capture the flag, one thing remained consistent, Home Base. As long as you had some part of your body on whatever tree or boulder that was designated Home Base, no one could touch you. You were safe.

Last night I had dinner at Matchbox in Barracks Row. In the half-mile stretch on Pennsylvania Ave SE between 8th St SE and the Sousa Bridge I was met with two separate incidents involving MPD. The first one police were just swarming to the scene as I made my turn on Pennsylvania Ave from 8th St. Six MPD cars pulled over one beat-up little vehicle that had one occupant. They had the driver of the vehicle standing behind it handcuffed. I don't know what he did, but to warrant SIX MPD cars at 10 o'clock at night, he must have done something serious. No worries for him though. I'm sure the D.C. Justice System had him back on the street before I could even publish this post (shaking my head)... But I digress.

The second incident was about three block east from the first incident. This one had five MPD and caution tape around a corner store. According the police alert I got on my Blackberry, there was a robbery hold-up on 15th St SE. Seven black men attempted to either rob or carjack an Asian couple around 9 PM. It was about 10 PM when I drove through the area, so I assume MPD was conducting their investigation.

Needless to say with all this police activity, I was soooo happy to get my hindparts back on the east side of the river to PSA 606 where it's safe. According to MPD, PSA 606 is one of the safest PSA (if not THE safest) in the District.

No comments:

Post a Comment