Thursday, January 14, 2010

East of the River Cares...


I want to thank my parents for instilling the importance of charity and goodwill. I'm thankful I don't know what it's like to be hungry or homeless. I find that the more I extend a hand to others the more God blesses me to give more to others. Despite my pitbull in a shirt aggressiveness, Miss V is extremely sensitive to the plight of those that are unable to help themselves.... now those than can help themselves and don't I give the side-eye. But I digress...

By now I'm sure you are experiencing Haiti overload. One of my friends (shown in the photo above) is the founder of the Famine Relief Foundation. They run an orphanage in Haiti. He collects money and other donation, then he personally goes to Haiti once a month to ensure that it is delivered to the orphanage. Unfortunately the orphanage is located 4 miles from the epicenter of the earthquake.

They need financial donations to cover medical care, bandages, food and other supplies. If you have anything to give (even if it's only 50 cents), please donate to my friend's charity and the orphans of Haiti.

Here is the link to their website: http://faminerelieffoundation.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment