Sunday, January 17, 2010

Big Chair Coffee!!!

I finally made it to Big Chair Coffee in Ward 8. I LOVE IT!!!! Granted I wish it was walking distance from my house, it's only a 5 minute drive from Fairfax Village and there was ample parking on the weekend at least. During the work rush hour, the V5 bus will get me within a block. All other times I believe I can take the W4 to the 92 or 90 bus.

I met the Ward 8 River East bloggers (Congress Heights On the Rise, Barry Farm (re)mixed, and And Now Anacostia) for coffee, breakfast, and discussion about an idea we are working on (shhh it's a secret).

Big Chair is small, but quaint. The manager is super friendly. He addressed me by my first name the entire time I was there. This place has the makings of being the SE version of CHEERS. I think I overdosed on mochas (photo above)!!! For breakfast I had the steak omelet with hashbrown and toast. Hashbrowns were undercooked, but The Advoc8te and Urban Architect are determined to work with the owners on making perfect hashbrowns.

Given I'm now self-employed, I can definitely see myself working in Big Chair once or twice a week. Here's my review on

2122 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue SE
(202) 492-8608
Open 7 days a week, 7am - 7pm


  1. It was so great seeing you! I am so excited about all of our plans! :)

  2. It was great to finally put a face with the alias!!!