Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Fun Side of the River

Today the Hillcrest Community Civic Association held their annual Blessing of the Trees at the Senior Wellness Center on Alabama Ave. They had a moon bounce and live music. The seniors were getting it in during the Cha-Cha slide. When the "hands on your knees" part of the song came on, these seniors were dropping it like it's hot. I am NOT mad at them. I hope I can still drop it like it's hot when I get their age.

The funniest thing ever was this one woman, about 85 years old, was talking like Madea. She was walking to the Senior transport van and she says "Hell-er. How ya Durn. Halleluyer" just like Madea. I thought she was being serious, but then she says, "Let me stop playing. I'm about to get on this bus." COMEDY. Old people are hilarious.

Councilmember Yvette Alexander made a cameo appearance. Mayoral candidate, Leo Alexander, also made a guest appearance. It was great to meet him face-to-face. The hardworking 6th district "boys in blue" where there as well. MPD - 6th District has renewed my faith in cops.

No comments:

Post a Comment