Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Francis A. Gregory Library Meeting Tonight

If you can attend, tonight there will be a community meeting to give a progress report on the design of the new library. The new library is being designed by the award-winning designerDavid Adjaye (Adjaye & Associates).

Library Design Meeting: A Progress Report for the Community
Tuesday, September 15, 6:30-8 pm
Francis A. Gregory Neighborhood Library
3660 Alabama Avenue, SE

For more information, contact Archie Williams at (202) 727-1437 or archie.williams@dc.gov

I won't be able to attend tonight's community meeting due to a community meeting for my job (being an urban planner is tough sometimes). However, I have seen the conceptual drawings. I can imagine sitting on the balcony with my laptop and coffee.

5 comments:

  1. do you think it'll get the negative reception that the washington highlands library design got down in ward 8?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know there hasn't been a vocal outcry against the library. Fairfax Village is right across the street and I haven't heard anything negative from the community association.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really does.I have to admit I am not in love with the Washington Highlands library design. I may even go so far as saying in it's current state it has ugly parts but I am not pushing for a renovation as are some.I think a bold design is okay but my preferenc is for something a bit more classy like this design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a classy design. The only other building on that block is a small school. It's going to look so dramatic with the Fort Dupont Park backdrop.

    ReplyDelete