Monday, August 31, 2009

Say it's so.... Say it's so

I happened to be looking on Washington City Paper website, when I saw an interesting video of Chairman Vince Gray talking about his Mayoral prospects. Could this be true???

Oh happy day if he does decide to run. Chairman Gray is by far my favorite politician. I admire his ability to see the larger view of issues. He is the only elected official in DC that I trust is really trying to make the best decision for all residents. Lord knows I trust Fenty as far as I can throw him... nope that's too far.

Random story about the character of Chairman Gray. A few months ago, I was watching the DC City Council channel on comcast. These two teenagers were requesting the City Council to re-open a recreation center in their neighborhood. Despite the fact that Chairman Gray is "old school", he was able to relate and communicate with these youths. On their way out of the room, Chairman Gray asked them to pull their pants up. I love it.

It will be interesting to see how everything plays out between now and the time the candidates need to formerly throw their name into the hat.


  1. I think it's a good idea, HOWEVER I dont like that no one stands up to Marion Barry on the Council and his foolishness!

  2. Yeah... At our community meeting Chairman Gray mentioned that they were investigating. Council can only do so much. The people need to stand up and oust him.