Here is the information from the 2007 Annual Report:
- There are currently 12 cameras in Ward 7
- The cameras are "passive monitoring" so they capture and record. However, the video is only maintained for 10 days unless it is being used for an investigation
- CCTV areas out performed and had a greater reduction in violent crime, property crime and calls for service.
- Within 250 feet of the cameras decreased 19% between 2006 and 2007. Other areas showed 1% increase
- Property crimes increased 2% in the camera areas, which the rest of the City experienced a 5% increase
- MPD investigators have made 532 request to view camera images, of which 144 images have been retained because of recording.
- In 2007, the cameras captured four serious violent crimes
- Phase I and II costs approximately $3.8 million