Thursday, July 30, 2009

What about your friends

Rather than bash our Beloved Mayor, I decided that I'm going to help him. I'm going to go on facebook, linked-in, craigslist, myspace, friendster (does anyone use friendster anymore?), and any other social media site. Why you ask? I'm on the quest to find Mayor Fenty new friends.

First, there was the sponsored trip to Dubai and to China. As far as I know, it was never fully explained who sponsored the trip and why. Thinking out loud, I'm wondering if Fenty can get them to loan us some money to address the budget shortfall. I digress... Then, let's not forget about the friend that borrow the City-owned Lincoln Navigator. I can't leave out the fact that this friend also had $11 million in City contracts.

This morning, I'm reading the Washington Examiner and low and behold... yet another "friend" of Fenty is causing a fuss. Granted the articles in the Examiner and the Washington Post lack detail to discern what's really going on, the whole incident reeks of "oud de wrong". The scrolling marquee version of the story is Fenty's friend promises to donate used DC emergency vehicles to Sousa, a poor little third world City in the Dominican Republic with the understanding that Sousa has to pay to transport the vehicles from DC to DR. Sousa pays Fenty's peeps $11,000 to transport the vehicles, but watch the birdy.... the vehicles never arrive. The Examiner alleges that Fenty called the deal off, but wait for it... wait for it... Sousa never got their money back. Now everyone is scrambling to "investigate"... yadda, yadda, yadda

Side bar: I wonder how much this City pays to investigate elected and appointed officials. I feel like every other week some DC official is being investigated for what they did, who they paid, who they received payment from or who they slept with. What happened to standards? Yesh.

Regardless of the outcome of this little debacle, I think it's in our best interest to get the Mayor some new friends immediately. I'm going to start an organization called Finding Friends For Fenty (I'm being facetious). The mission of FFFF will be to find upright, ethical, and honest people to enter the Mayor's inner circle of trusts. I'm just trying to be positive here.
************************************************************************************
Buy Wards 7 & 8 Challenge
  • $38 at Best Nail in Penn-Branch Shopping Center for pedicure and nails
  • $12 in Alexandria for lunch... I was craving sushi.

Total $505 in Wards 7/8. $624 total (81% in Wards 7/8)

No comments:

Post a Comment