Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ward 8 Spolight: Park Village Cleaners

The Buy Wards 7 and 8 Challenge has become a little bit of a scavenger hunt. I've had to reach out to neighbors and fellow River East bloggers to find businesses in Wards 7 and 8. Southeast Socialite recommended Park Village Cleaners in Ward 8. Here is my review (0 is bad and 5 is Excellent)

Park Village Cleaners
1563 Alabama Ave (by Giant)

Customer Service - 5
Spencer, one of the owners, is extremely friendly. Although it's been a week since I dropped off my clothes he remembered me. Huge plus. Customer Service is very important to me. I'm willing to pay a higher price for excellent service, hence why I was driving all the way to Arlington before.

Accuracy - 3
I dropped off 4 pairs of pants. Two pairs were to be cleaned and the other two were to be cleaned and tailored. They forgot to tailor one pair of pants, but Spencer told me he would have it by tomorrow.

Workmanship - 5
The tailoring job on the other pair was FANTASTIC. The lining had completely ripped and they somehow make a completely new lining out of the old lining. I'm super impressed.

Cleanliness - 5
One of my rules is that I refuse to patronize any business where I have to order through bullet proof glass or bars. I'm not an animal and don't need to be caged. I understand why they do it, but they won't be getting any of my money. This cleaners is probably one of the nicest I've ever seen. It looks very upscale, which we deserve.

Price - 4.5
The price wasn't too bad. It's a little cheaper than the cleaners I was going to in Arlington. Spencer told me that if you bring four or more articles of clothing, you get 20% off. SWEET.

Overall - 4.5
My order was messed up, which really wasn't an issue for me. I appreciate Spencer for immediately trying to retify the situation. THAT is more important to me. Sorry for my cleaners in Arlington, because Park Village Cleaners is my new cleaners. I HIGHLY recommend them.
Buy Wards 7 and 8 Challenge
I spent $27.41 at Park Village Cleaners.
Total to date: $151.62

1 comment: