Sunday, July 12, 2009

I'm Leaving and I'm NOT coming Back

Customer service is extremely important to me. I'm willing to pay more money for better customer service. Yesterday I had to say goodbye to yet another business.

The one thing we have plenty of in Ward 7 and 8 are nail salons. A few weeks ago, I started going to TNN Nails located at 3847 Pennsylvania Ave SE (Fairfax Village Shopping Center) to get my pedicures and fill-ins. It is a hop, skip and a jump from Fairfax Village, so I could walk. However, Saturday I had to give them the boot.

TNN Nails is supposed to open at 9:00 AM on Saturdays, according to their window sign. I started calling around 9:30 AM, because I wanted to know when Larry (my nail guy) would be available, because I hate to wait. No one was answering the phone. Around 10:20 AM, I decided to walk up there. I get there and they were three women standing outside waiting to get their nails done, while the owners and employees were just opening the shop. I understand things happen and you open late, so I'm not giving them the boot because of that.

I'm giving them the boot because the employees opened the salon without so much as an apology. One of the women asked them why they weren't open on time. The man totally ignored her. Then, one of the other ladies asked them what time were they supposed to open. The women employees just walked in and didn't acknowledge the woman's question. Now had the employees walked up and immediately apologized for opening late, I would still be going there. However to not acknowledge us, is unacceptable. One of the ladies and I left, because we felt that we didn't need to spend our money on people who are going to treat us like we don't exist.

Needless to say, I went to Best Nail Salon located at 3224 Pennsylvania Ave SE (Penn-Branch Shopping Center). The pedicure chairs are nicer at TNN Nails, but overall Best Nail Salon is cleaner and better organized. The prices are about the same. Kevin, the guy that did my nails, did a great job and he's much friendlier than Larry.

Goodbye Larry... Hello Kevin.
***********************************************************************************
Buy Wards 7 and 8 Challenge
  • I spent $46 at Best Nail Salon for a pedicure, fill-in and french manicure
  • I also spent $17.16 in DC outside of Ward 7 and 8 and $15 in Baltimore. It was more circumstance than a decision. I was out and was hungry

Total spent in Ward 7/8 $197.62. Total spent $229.78 (86% in Wards 7/8)

No comments:

Post a Comment