Thursday, July 2, 2009

Being Thankful

Instead of complaining about what I don't have (at least for today), I want to take this opportunity to give thanks for what I do have. I drive over the Southeast-Southwest Freeway at least once a day. Some days it can be as many as five times (poor planning... I know). In the past, I've nearly lost a tire or worse my whole car in the gigantic potholes. The SE-SW Freeway has brand spanking asphalt, thanks to the Obama Administration and Congress for passing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. I would be remissed if I didn't give thanks to District Department of Transportation for making this happen. That ride is so smooth I swear my tires sing. I thought about this today on my way home from the gym, so I wanted to share.
************************************************************************************
Buy Wards 7 and 8 Challenge
I was a little frustrated because I REALLY wanted to eat at Pollo Rico in Arlington before going to my second job (I swear that is the best chicken ever). I even had my $5 ready to go. BUT... I just kept it moving. **sigh***
  • $37.97 at CVS. I ran to the CVS at Penn-Branch Shopping Center to get last minute items for my trip. I found this cute little toiletry bag while I was there. YEAH.

Total to date: $86.12

5 comments:

  1. yeah!!! Good for you! I amso going to put your challenge on my blog tomorrow. I am goign to try it to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @the advoc8te... I'm so excited to see the buzz on my neighborhood listserv about the challenge.

    @dc debutante... I think we need a pollo ricoover here. It's cheap, MUCH healthier than Popeye's, and not to mention delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. V, I posted the challenge on Barry Farm (Re)Mixed as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!!! Let you a message on your blog.

    ReplyDelete