Sunday, June 28, 2009

That just proves my point...

I ranted yesterday about the importance of the proper use of the English language and how as a community we need to do better. Well around 3am this morning, three (though it sounded like ten) young ladies (I use that term loosely) parked underneath by bedroom window were having a conversation (I really use this term loosely). I have no idea what they were talking about. All I heard was "motherf... this" and "motherf that" and "this n----a". I heard more F-bombs and N-words than a Cat Williams comedy act.

One of them was talking about her babydaddy was mother[insert F-bomb] trifling, but she was still [insert F-bomb] for whatever reason. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not a holier than thou kind of person. I won't sit here and act like I don't curse [Note: in my 30 years of life, I have never cursed in front of my parents], however, I'm confused as to how a person can have a "conversation" where 30% of the sentence is a curse word. There has to be over half a million words in the English language, can we find any other words to express ourselves?

Two of them used the N-word as a complete replacement for all pronouns. It is 2009... Can we PLEASE for the love of Martin, Malcolm, and Obama, STOP using that word???? PLEASE. Unless I'm driving home a point related to social conscientiousness or quoting something, I have never used that word. There is nothing endearing about it. People have fought and died so they wouldn't be called one.

Can't ignorance be illegal? I can see the headlines "MPD puts 95% of River East in prison for lack of being able to formulate a complete sentence and overuse of the N-word." [I crack myself up]. The Triad of Ignorance finally left after 20 minutes and all I could do was shame my head. [sigh]

We MUST do better.


  1. Hahaha! I HATE this too! I was tempted the other day to spell check some graffiti on a wall I saw. If you can't spell the F word properly you shouldnt be allowed to write it or speak it. lol!

  2. agreed - it's always so sad when I hear parents cursing in front of their kids.

  3. It's even worse to hear parents cursing AT their kids.